Saturday, March 18, 2006

prayer of st. francis

i have always loved this prayer. someone sang it at my parents' wedding, and i think it's beautiful. enjoy.

make me a channel of your peace
where there is hatred, let me bring your love
where there is injury, your pardon, Lord
and where there's doubt true faith in you

o Spirit, grant that i would never seek
so much to be consoled as to console
to be understood, as to understand
to be loved, as to love with all my soul

make me a channel of your peace
where there's despair in life, let me bring hope
where there is darkness, let me bring your light
and where there's sadness, ever joy

make make me a channel of your peace
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned
in giving to all that we will receive
and in dying that we're born to eternal life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya know Kath, St. Francis preached to the birds rather than imprisoning them. Maybe you should try that.

katherine said...

it was scary! it almost pecked out my eyes! and i set it free, i didn't kill it. you don't know.