Tuesday, June 13, 2006

shout out from the OC!

hello again! it's time for another update from the o.c. things are good. today, especially, is good. it's the first really nice day we've had in the week that i've been here. the students are all here and out looking for jobs today and yesterday. we've nearly finished the orientation process, and we're getting settled into our routine. i've had some really great conversations with students already, and i'm really excited to get to know them more. we've also played three rounds of settlers of catan since they got here on saturday, and i taught three of them how to play euchre yesterday. we also went down to the boardwalk as a group last night, and had a great time. these are good students. there is a lot more i could tell you about, but i will save that for a later date, since i am ready to head out to the beach to appreciate our first sunny day! i'd love to hear from you this summer. email me, call me, write me. email me for my address. i love mail! adios!

1 comment:

saricupery said...

Kat, I AM jealous. I'm taking Mom and Steph to the airport to see you next week, and I wish I could go! Hope you all have a great time!