Friday, November 03, 2006

pierogies

hey everyone. please enjoy this excerpt from today's pittsburgh post-gazette. it's an article about a competition for the pierogie capital of the world. pittsburgh lost to buffalo, ny due to a poor showing of spirit. a spokesperson for the mayor of pittsburgh made the following comment: "at least we're still the city of trees, bridges, intelligent children and good looking and talented women." and to show there are no hard feelings, he's issued an invite to buffalo officials. "they can come down and eat pierogies and look at our super bowl trophy."

4 comments:

saricupery said...

I'm just impressed that I know how to pronounce "pierogies." Couldn't tell you what they are, but I know how to say the word! :)
It was good to see you this weekend, Kat. We had a ball. Say hi to Chris!

Sarah

bexala said...

mmm...perogies - love those.

i will most likely be in SE michigan for the whole turkey day weekend for the holiday and baby shower for my brother's new kid to be born in january, but when are you heading back to pittsburgh? are you leaving g-raps sunday?

bexala said...

Can you play on Sunday evening the weekend of Thanksgiving? I could get back in town and see you then. Would you be willing to come out to Spring Lake?

saricupery said...

I am starting to feel ignored. Two calls, no answer. Harumph. Don't you love me anymore?

Sarah