Monday, May 14, 2007

a fond farewell

this is my last week at the church. today was my last day of my after-school program, and it was bittersweet. the kids were terrible today, but they're still great. it's weird to think it was the last one... i was so busy putting out little fires the whole time that i didn't have time to get sentimental until now. afterwards, a bunch of people from my church took me out to the japanese steakhouse and said nice things and ate good food and sang "you are my sunshine" to me and made me cry. i've been so busy i've barely had time to think about the sadness of this time. of course it's exciting to start a new life, but old things have to come to an end for new ones to start. i'll really miss these people who have been like a family to me out here. it's a good thing i didn't move to baltimore. that's too far away.
well, it's ten o'clock, and i'm still at the office. i think i better head home. but here's a picture of my kids last week, running down the hill to go to the after-school program. it's one of my favorites.

1 comment:

saricupery said...

I love that picture!