Tuesday, September 05, 2006

newsflashes

weekend developments:
i received simultaneous phone calls from two friends on saturday to let me know they are both engaged. incredible. (and congrats again, betsy (and nathan) and melissa (and jason)!)
though i never audibly heard it, i spent the day yesterday with "labor day" by the black eyed peas in my head. "we're gonna celebrate... cuz it's a holiday. i don't work today, or the next three days..." classic. i did celebrate yesterday, by hosting a small gathering for general merriment at my place of residence. we did not have access to a grill for the traditional labor day cook-out, but we did make bocas on my stove.
while shopping for labor day "kitchen picnic" foods, i learned how to select cantaloupes. khadija and i chose a good one. sweet. orange. smelled like melon.
we also watched a few episodes of the office. it is awesome. really. do yourself a favor and check it out. i can't believe i'm so late jumping on the dunder-mifflin bandwagon.
that's all, folks.

2 comments:

Nathan and Betsy said...

thanks katherine! i saw dave and beth cieminis on sunday, and it was delightful...made me think about our trips to bw3 after oboard meetings. lovely. i miss that crowd of kids.

Scott said...

Once upon a time when I worked several farmers markets, I was the designated melon chooser. For someone reason people chose to listen to the advice of someone who neither likes nor eats melons based on the fact that i was selling them. I got to offer such sage advice as, "This one will be ripe on tuesday, but if your looking for a thurday melon you want this one." People developed absolute faith in my ability to find a quality melon. It may have been the greatest accomplishment of my life.