Sunday, March 25, 2007

making it official. and public. publically official.

so, in 20 minutes, i'm making an announcement at my church that i'm leaving. whoo. i'm pretty nervous about it. i'm not sure how they're going to react. this part is no fun.
for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, let me fill you in! a few weeks ago, i accepted a new job with the cco! in june, i'll be starting a new hybrid position as an area director/development associate. basically, that means i'll be supervising our campus staff and raising money for the central region's general fund. i'll be moving to pittsburgh this spring, and sharing space in our main office in east liberty.
that effectively ends my employment at my current church, and so i need to tell them today. the pastor and the session know, and a few others, but this is the big "spill the beans" day to tell everyone else. it's so hard, because i've been a part of this family here for three years, and it's never been just a job to me. it's my life, and it's hard to say goodbye.
however, i am enjoying the "certainty of call," that i know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God prepared this new job for me. and so this is what i'll do. and it will be good, because it's the right thing.
(and for those of you who were helping me discern what i should do over the last few months, i went to erie last week, and i am more sure than ever about never moving there. ever. look what we saw!)
the inscription in front of it says, "i only have flies for you." well, erie, i only have flies for you too. gross.

1 comment:

Kara said...

katherine! Congratulations on the new job! I hope that breaking the news went well. =)