Tuesday, October 18, 2005

uggggh 2.0


hello again. sorry about the utter lack of posting for the past week. i've been away from the internet. this is what i've been looking at for much of the past week. this picture was taken when i was moving in to my apt. last august, but it's pretty close to the view i've been taking in lately. but, i have been out and about a little bit. i attended as much of the national youth worker's convention as i could handle here in the city, and the rest of the the time, i've been (in the words of my grandmother) making sure my couch doesn't go anywhere. the walking pneumonia is vicious. i went to bed at 8:30 on friday. in the past week, i've watched the entire lord of the rings trilogy and five discs of the second season of the o.c. i've read tons and tons, sent out a newsletter, caught up with a bunch of friends and family on the phone, and knitted half a scarf. note the common denominator of all of these activities: they can all be done from my futon. i feel like i've been quite the trooper though. i went to a lot of the conference. i only skipped the late night stuff that happened after 8, which still means i spent too much time there, according to my doctor. i'm trying to catch up, and i'm wearing myself out. i've just been instructed to take a nap on the couch in my office by my secretary. i might take her up on it. after all, fifteen middle schoolers will be here in five hours to see me. sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

National Youth Worker's Convention? Kath, are you a communist? Cause that sounds like a communist organization. Seriously. SEEEREEEEUSSSSLEEEE!

Anonymous said...

The O.C. and Lord of the Rings? Your poor television, I hope you *both* feel better.