Sunday, July 16, 2006

happy days

hello all. just a quick update. first of all, thanks to all for the birthday wishes! sorry i missed most of your calls. i was out and about. :) it was one of my favorite birthdays ever. on friday night, we had a birthday dinner at the house, with a total of 39 people, which was craziness. the candles on my cake blew themselves out before they got to me, but i've had two more chances already. (birthday week 2.0 commences!)
chris was here to visit this weekend, and we went to brunch at this cute coffee shop, and then spent the day at the beach. we drove down to cape may and checked out the lighthouse, which was very very very high in the air, and out to dinner, and sightseeing. it was fantabulous. good times were had by all. ;)
today my prayer partner from the church we're working with had scott, one of our male staff, and chris and i over for dinner after church. it was both scott's and my birthdays this weekend, and my prayer partner's grandson's on tuesday. so they had a big birthday celebration for us. there was one cake with one candle that we re-lit three times and sang the song for all three of us. it was funny.
this isn't probably very entertaining for you, and i'm too tired to make it more so. so please enjoy this picture of me with my pirates flag. go bucs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But did you get the presents you asked for??

katherine said...

well, no. i did get the new pride and prejudice with keira knightley from the lĂȘsma, which i love. and quyen let me borrow the a&e version for the week. but no postsecret or settlers. yet. :)
i have received a number of other very thoughtful and enjoyable gifts that are too numerous to be listed here. but thanks to everyone... i love them all!