Monday, July 24, 2006

a luau!

hello all! i've just returned from a weekend in grand rapids to celebrate my parents' 30th anniversary, as well as both of their 50th birthdays. it was a wonderful time. we had a luau and i got to see a lot of family, friends, and supporters. there were leis, a lĂȘ, and mai tais! i'm really glad i got to spend this weekend with my family. (thanks again for flying me home, mom and dad!) i also had a little walk down memory lane, reliving my childhood as i showed chris my old stomping grounds. we went to the house where i grew up and looked at my forts and my alfalfa field where i used to go snowmobiling and the place where i crashed my bike. then i took him to all my old schools, from preschool through college, and we played on the merry-go-round and walked around campus and had a lovely day. i'd like to tell you more right now, but lizz and i are ready to go to the beach again now. feel free to call for a better update, but please not during the day cause i'm fresh out of minutes until august first. thanks y'all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katherine said...

daddy, this is NOT an appropriate blog-conversation!!! i refuse to answer the question on the grounds of indiscretion.

Scott said...

Kath,
It was not great to not see you, and to not meet Kris. Very perhaps he likes you! You loving dating Cris. You love the beach. And you love coming to GrandRapids the week before three of your good friends are there...and looking professional. Very perhaps next time you should inform us of your whereabouts, with Kriss or otherwise.

Yours Truly,
Moses (primary author), Scotter, Jim

Anonymous said...

^^ HAH!! ^^

Oh, and uh... hey Kath.

By the way, you'd be happy to know that Anya now LOVES GTA: San Andreas, thanks to MWAH! No joke. She's, like, super-fan number ninety-nine over here. Yeah. She played for HOURS on Sunday -- a wry grin plastered on her face as she plowed over pedestrians with a blatant disregard for pixellated life!

It was beautiful.

So, uh, I think this pretty much means she's on my side now. Just to let you know.

(Your "committee" is crumbling)

katherine said...

how dare you, hibma. the committee is indestructible. it will be from everlasting to everlasting, amen.
however, anya... i am disappointed in your fall from grace. but you are forever on my side.
jimbo, moses, and scotter, aka yoda: i was horribly sad to have missed all of you. it was an accident. however, the real reason for my most recent trip to g-rap was to be with my parents for their anniversary. anyway, isn't it your turn to come to pittsburgh anyway?? and you can meet chris then.
speaking of chris, let's just do a quick spelling bee for everyone: chris is spelled C-H-R-I-S. hopefully that will clear up everyone's confusion.
good day.

Anonymous said...

Very perhaps if we had met him then we would not not know how to spell his name.

katherine said...

all right already. i'm sorry that not everyone got to meet him. come on out to pittsburgh and we'll make it happen!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you deleated my comment. What did I say?