Friday, July 07, 2006

on the having of birthdays

first of all, today, july 7th, is my baby sister stephanie's 20th birthday! happy birthday, stephanie! i wish i was there to celebrate with you. we'll have a party in two weeks.
second, happy birthday to mr. nathan hibma yesterday. hope it was happy. sorry robin and i disappointed your birthday fantasy.
and third, i've just remembered three things that i desperately want for my birthday NEXT saturday. they are the following, in no particular order:
1. the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, the one with Colin Firth.
2. Settlers of Catan. it's a board game, and it's awesome. i also want the expansion pack for 5-6 players.
3. the PostSecret book. it can be purchased at barnes and noble or by visiting this site.
yay!

6 comments:

bexala said...

Your birthday pony is still on backorder with mine...I hear they are excellent friends, however.

Happy day! Hope it was great.

Love,
B.

katherine said...

of course, of course, my pony. i sincerely hope that someday you get your pony, noricks.

Scott said...

If you want to play settlers just go here: http://catan.jsettlers.org

Then you can play online for hours and hours. Computers make everything better. No wasted time setting up the game. No wasted time on human interaction. Thank heavens we don't need other people to play board games any more.

bexala said...

Don't download the online version to your computer Katherine...don't do it....I've been obsessed for months. I've been a a tiff with my computer since it started kicking my ass at Settlers! It's not good when you consider throwing "Max the pretty computer" against the wall and all over some ore, bricks and a year of plenty card...bastard.

katherine said...

oh my! temper, temper becky! and scott, thanks for the dehumanizing advice. you me laugh.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the birthday message. happy birthday to you too. love you lots and i'll see you when you get home.

--stephanie