Wednesday, February 28, 2007

so speedy!

penny was a due for an oil change, so i just took her in to the valvoline place by my work. i walked in at 2:35, sat down to read my book, and was interrupted moments later because they were finished. FINISHED! i drove out of the lot at 2:40! and they apologized that i didn't get to read more of my book. incredible. i realize i could learn how to change the oil myself, but i guarantee you it would take longer than five minutes. those guys are good. and they refilled my windshield wiper fluid. that's worth $33 to me anyday.
i appreciate good customer service, and i'll pay for it too. thank you, valvoline. thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katherine
Are you sure they changed your oil? Maybe they just took your money!

katherine said...

i was afraid someone might wonder about that. there's three or four of them that all do it together. i was the only one there at the moment, so i think that's why it's so quick. i hope i'm right!
anyone know for sure that it's impossible to change it that quickly?

Anonymous said...

These places have been known to forget to put the oil plug back in....Your daddy always makes sure to do that, but then again I don't always have washer fluid available either. Of course you can buy that stuff at the gas station for about $2.00 a gallon. In the long run, I think you did O.K. The cost of oil and filter with washer fluid would be about $15.00. It's worth the $18.00 labor not to have to lay down on a snowy, wet, cold floor for an hour. Still, I want you check the oil level at least once per month. There......I'm done preaching. Aren't you glad you don't have to listen to me all time anymore? Idependance is a wonderful thing!

katherine said...

thanks daddy. i will check my oil. okay, see you soon! i love you!

Anya Griffith said...

my car still doesn't have a name....you might have to help me with that once you see her....him.....it. tomorrow is car wash day so i'll have it nice and shiny and pretty and take pictures and send them your way. hope you're well - i heart you :)