Tuesday, February 27, 2007

true or false

1. I am interested in a career in research.
___ True
_X_ FALSE

2. I know how to write a good survey.
___ True
_X_ FALSE

so, it turns out that creating a survey for my higher ed research class is a lot harder than i imagined. it's difficult to ask the right questions to find out what i want to know. i guess part of my problem is that i'm not exactly sure what i want to know. meanwhile, my survey is twice as long as it's supposed to be, and i'm not sure it would even get me the results i want! and so, naturally, i've chosen the ever-popular technique of distraction. unfortunately, i've gotta get back to it... it's due in a few short hours. wish me luck.

2 comments:

bexala said...

hope it turned out okay. i'd offer to proof it since i took a big girl "research methods" class in graduate school and do some surveying for my current job, but it sounds like my offer is too late.

katherine said...

oh, thanks anyway becky. that's what this class is too, and this was my first attempt. it was probably okay, too, but then my computer ate it, and i had to re-do it. grr... oh well. it's turned in now!