Friday, December 02, 2005

oh eric...we're quite straight

last night after bible study (the one i just go to and don't have to lead... brilliant!) khadija wanted some dessert. so we (d, fuller, cristina-our new ecuadorian friend, and i) went to gullifty's in squirrel hill. (side note: if i lived in the city, i think i'd want to live in squirrel hill.) there weren't many people in the restaurant, as it was fairly late. our waiter eric was very attentive and maintainted eye contact for about three seconds longer than i would consider comfortable every time he stopped at our table. he did a fine job serving us, and i don't think he minded us too much. when we were finished, he brought the bill, and we asked if he could split it up for us. in order to convince me to go, as i'm currently not made of money, fuller had offered to pay for me. so, we asked him to put us both on one check. he left awkwardly, and we started to wonder if perhaps he thought he was waiting on two lesbian couples, which we (perhaps not-so-)clearly are not. our suspicions were confirmed when he brought the check back, which he had split quite effectively for me+fuller and d+cristina. his eye contact diminished significantly following this encounter, and four of us had a pretty good laugh about it. hahaha.
in other news, i was awakened by the doorbell a few days ago at 8:30 a.m. since very few people drop by without my prior knowledge, i was suprised. i went down the stairs to find two very attractive young men standing on my front porch. though i've never spoken to them, i know these men to be jehovah's witnesses, and i've seen them gallavanting about my neighborhood quite often for the past few months. to my knowledge, this was their first visit to my home. i peeked out the window, saw who it was, and immediately crouched down on the floor so they couldn't see me and waited for them to leave. is this a marketing trick? i don't care how cute they are... i'm not interested. especially not at 8:30.
well, that's it for now. adios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katherine,
I'm glad you updated with a new post. I think its time to update your "interests" section of your profile. I don't see Lesbian group outings or Encore anywhere on there!!

katherine said...

very funny, jonathan.