Monday, April 03, 2006

a failed attempt

be nice to me. i tried to give blood today. however, after three hours of waiting, filling out questionnaires, answering questions, and lying on a porch-type chair, i donated less than the required amount of blood. i'm not exactly sure why... my blood does not flow quickly. this was the first time i've ever tried to donate, so i don't know if it was situational or not. we were having a blood drive for stephanie, a little girl from my church who has leukemia. i wasn't going to give, because i faint easily, and i didn't want to chance it. but then stephanie and her family were here, and she told me that she'd sit with me while i gave. she said, "whenever you're ready to get poked, i'm ready!" so i thought the least i could do was try. they tested me, and my blood pressure was perfect, my iron levels were good, and my temperature was 98.6. so we went for it, but it didn't work out. my arm still hurts, and i feel a little woozy, but i'll recover. meanwhile, 150 people came to donate blood for her today. please pray for her.

1 comment:

saricupery said...

I've had that problem, too. So now I just don't do it anymore...which is notsogood. Oh well. How is Stephanie doing this week?