Monday, April 10, 2006

visitors!

this weekend, i had a full house... my mom, my aunt, my sister, her best friend, and my best friend were all visiting! it was fabulous to have them all around. we did all manner of touristy things, like visiting a bunch of historic landmarks in the city and taking pictures at scenic overlooks. i took them to all my favorite places, like the coffee tree in shadyside and station square, and we explored new areas of the city too! i'd (amazingly) never been to the fountain at point state park (where all three rivers meet) or ridden up the duquesne incline to mt. washington. it was great to show them the city and why i love it. plus i took a lot of great pictures, as it was a beautiful day. i tried to put up a link to my shutterfly album, but it doesn't work. it has all the pictures from this weekend, and also last weekend when jonathan was here. too bad. they were pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I really believed this "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania" place existed -- which I don't (I still maintain you guys are all just hanging out in Borculo and making this whole thing up), and if I ever got around to visiting this place (which is absurd, as it doesn't exist - but I'll play along), I would very much like to see this "coffee tree" you speak of. I have a great image in my head of a nice little tree with a little spigot on it that dispenses Starbucks. Mmmmm... coffee trees... arghlarghlahghglharg...

katherine said...

sure, we'll take you there. i should probably correct your misinterpretation, but as i highly doubt you'll ever be here, i'll brag about my mocha/chai/latte tree. it's awesome. pittsburgh is where it's at.