Monday, February 13, 2006

goshen getaway


this weekend, i spent a day in the amish wonderland that is goshen, indiana. this picture was taken outside a bank. i'll be honest, i haven't seen a horse and buggy in awhile, and when i saw one going across the overpass on I-80, it took me by surprise. i haven't seen too many farm animals in pittsburgh, except for at the live nativity at christmas. (go ahead and make your country bumpkin jokes. i'm ready: "but kath! those are your roots! you LOVE horses! you used to have some horses! you're a farmer!" no, they are not; no, i don't; no, i didn't; and no, i am not.)
we had a great time though, reuniting with robin and soaking up small-town culture. we even found a country dutch pastry shop, and we went in to celebrate our heritage. unfortunately, it turned out to be less holland dutch and more amish dutch. but, we had a good laugh. it's good to be with my people. :)
and of course, FaBuLoUs to see bobo. i love that guy, and i'm so glad i got to spend some time with him, even though it was a 6 hour drive and he was there for less than 24 hours. i'd do it again tomorrow if i could. you'd think it would be hard to catch up immediately with someone you haven't spoken to (though not for lack of desire) for six months, but robin is one of those people that, no matter how long we've been apart, we'll always be thrilled to see each other, and it will feel like no time has gone by at all. there were so many people there who are so important to me, and even though i didn't get to talk to many of them as much as i would have liked, it was wonderful to spend time together nonetheless.
i'm back to work today, and i have a lot to do before thursday, when i'm going HOME to see my family. i'm really excited, so i have to get a lot of work done right now. i'll see you soon.
pax.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kath,

I do believe that horese poop pic was taken by me. And from what I recall, I didn't give permission to use it. Sooo..... see you in court.

katherine said...

justin! from what i recall, i didn't give YOU permission to steal my camera and take illicit photographs with it. sooo... they belong to me.
see you this weekend.

The Tenant said...

I like the picture, although it did make me jealous!:)