Tuesday, August 30, 2005

honey, i'm home, and overwhelmed.

all right, all right. i know it's been a few days, but i've been very busy. i'm actually not able to write much of anything right now either. it's the first week of school at rmu, and i've been with my students a whole bunch. also, my middle schoolers will be here within the hour for our kick-off event. my parents will be here by eight to visit (yay!), and i have to finish my ministry plan for the year and turn it in by eleven tomorrow morning. i have much to say about this past weekend in GR, and plenty has happened already since i've been back. for now, please pray for:
  • my friend khadija's family, who live in new orleans and are quite sure that their home has been completely destroyed by hurricane katrina.
  • my grandfather, who has been hospitalized yet again with congestive heart failure.
  • shawn, one of my eighth-graders, who broke his foot.
  • chris and jessika white (my cco co-workers), whose newborn baby girl, emily ruth, died 20 minutes after birth on friday.
  • my friend anne who has (hopefully safely) arrived in bethlehem in palestine, where she will be working for the next year.
there are a few more things to deal with, and i'll write more about them later. okay. that's it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kat,

I'll be praying for all those things...it was so good to road trip with you this weekend.