Thursday, September 01, 2005

can i give you my card?

it's official: justin bratt was right. i AM so professional. as of yesterday, i have business cards. i feel kind of like a fraud... or some shady businessperson. but, they are awesome. i designed them myself (with some help from microsoft publisher: i heart templates). i also printed and punched them out myself. but still, i think it counts. now i can hand out my card to students and staff. i think it gives me crediblity. maybe it doesn't, but it does make me feel less like a student and more like an adult. quick poll: do you any of you have business cards? sammy, i know you had some at your internship in DC last summer. and dugan, you have some too. i did have some at my gob'ment job my senior year in college. i will say though, these are much cooler.
in other news, gas hit an all-time high today. that is, until tomorrow, when i hear it's supposed to jump again. i just saw it for $2.99/gallon near my house, and $3.15/gallon closer to church. i feel sorry for all you suckers in michigan with your higher gas taxes. but even though i live in pennsylvania, i'm really not sure i can afford to go anywhere at this rate! no more driving all over creation for me. i'm about to be broke. (but i am taking donations... as always. :D log on to the cco website!) i need to check out the bus routes around here.
okie doke. time to get back to work. peace out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was a strange experience. I protested when the guy printed out two pages of cards for me. It ended up I didn't give any away. I felt too phony trying to play the business card game in DC...they are biggest thing there since Pokémans!