Tuesday, September 13, 2005

come on get in the boat, fish. come on and get in the boat, fish fish.

a few of my students bought me a betta fish yesterday. they wanted to give me something after my grandfater died, and they said that flowers die too fast. so now, i am the proud owner and caretaker of a beautiful indigo betta. he lives in a bowl with pink rocks in my bedroom, and he thinks that the mirror behind him is an attacker. i heard that bettas are fairly short-tempered, and i was afraid he'd worry himself to death, so i moved the mirror. i was suprised to see that i talked to him a fair amount this morning as i was getting ready... perhaps it's time for a roommate again. anyhow, my new friend needs a name. so far, i have received the following submissions:
1. kenny, in honor of my grandfather (whose name was kenneth, but went by ken).
2. augustus
3. johnny c, after chalvinchollege
4. brutus

any suggestions?

4 comments:

leesh said...

augustus. for sure.

bexala said...

I vote kenny. My grandpa passed away this week and his name was Kensel. It'd be a tribute to both of our gramps.

Anonymous said...

fishfish. That's the name of my blue betta.

Anonymous said...

His color's are beautiful! I've been inspired to study anything that has to do with the waters after taking a trip on my father's Sevylor. It was after riding on it I got my first tank full of different beautiful colored fish just like yours. I vote for Kenny. The meaning behind it is precious.